- Boot from DVD and start install in expert mode
- When partitioning stage is reached, press Ctrl+Alt+F2 to switch to the other console
- Make a new dir to mount the boot partition, for example /disk
- mount the root partition on /disk.
- Do a chroot to the root partition: issuing chroot /disk
- Run grub command to enter grub shell
- Type in the root disk for grub - root (hd0,1). This is /dev/hda2 on my system
- Type the following command to install grub on /dev/hda: setup (hd0).
- Type quit, exit from chroot, unmount all disks and reboot.