My R2D3 Project was supposed to be a blender/python based General Purpose Robotic Development Environment. Sadly enough all it does at the present moment is the following -
- Simulate Forward/Inverse Kinematics and ACL Interpretation for a specific proprietary 5DOF Robotic Arm (Scorbot Er5, which was used in my college Robotics Lab).
- Look Pretty (and that's Blender's handywork, not mine).
- The ACL Interpreter acccepts only a subset of ACL commandset.
- The ACL Editor is vaporware.
- Dynamics is not supported.
- Controlling the actual robot via serial communication with an ACL Controller.
- Server for accepting commands over a network connection.
Therefore I plan to do the following -
- Modularise R2D3.py into generic and robot specific functionalities.
- Add code to enable assembly of any kind of Robot.
- Complete the Server for accepting commands over a server.